Thursday 20 June 2013

Quite a long day !

Thursday 20th June 2013

It's only a short walk from the hotel to departures at Glasgow Airport, so having to check out of the hotel at 11am and check-in for my flight opening at 11.05am, it seemed perfect timing.  There was a queue just inside the main door, so I glanced at the departures board and it was check-in 21, found that OK, then as I traced the queue back it was indeed the one right out to the door, just one person on check-in.

That took a while, so an hour later off to security, my camera kit rucksack was set aside for further inspection, a few minutes later two female security officers came to examine it.  It was full of cameras, lenses, microphones, cables etc etc., so I warned them of the value and asked if I could remove the items myself, which I was allowed to do.  Every nook and cranny of the case was checked with probes, all the main items removed into a tray as they were individually swabbed. Both bag and tray of itemswere  taken to go through the scanner again.  All went well in the end, the joys of air travel !

Here's a clue as I wait at the gate in departures




The plane is 3 seats each side with a central aisle, I have a window seat next to back row, then a young Scots couple occupy the other two seats with an 18 month old child.  They were very friendly suggesting I must have drawn the short straw !  Before take off stewardess asked if I would be prepared to change seats so the mother could use the third one for the child, as well as it might suit me too :-)   So I ended up near the front still with a window seat, but an empty middle seat, so all worked out well, although I never heard the youngster throughout the flight.

Coming into land ...



Now as I write this I have a 3 hour stop over at Keflavik International Airport, Iceland.



Where next?

No comments:

Post a Comment